Throughout the school year you can book one of the guided tours for schools to explore the museum and its history or specific areas of the collections.
Special educational initiatives are organized during temporary exhibitions hosted in the museum.
Meetings for teachers
E' uscito il nuovo MiC magazine con novità e approfondimenti su musei, mostre ed eventi organizzati nelle strutture del Sistema Musei in Comune.
Da scaricare oppure sfogliare on-line
Eco-water, the eco-friendly water bottle conceived by Rome's Departments of Environment and Tourism, in collaboration with Zètema Progetto Cultura, is designed for tourists, but it can also be used by sportspeople.
Eco-water carries the logo of Roma Capitale and picyures of the Colosseum, the Roman aqueduct and of the Nasone, a typical roman fountain: the perfect gadget to remember the city that you can use when you return back home.
Google has announced that Google Art Project has seen a major expansion, now featuring 151 museums in 40 countries. The Capitoline Museums in Rome will be the only new Italian museum to join the project. Thanks to Google Art Project art lovers will discover paintings, but also sculptures, street art works and photographs.
The new interface provides a more intuitive navigation and more space for pictures and videos. It also comes with new features: an advanced calendar of events, a search engine for art works, a better visibility of the Musei in Comune blog, featuring image and video galleries uploaded on Flickr and Youtube.
The Virtual Tour of the Capitoline Museums – a Zètema Progetto Cultura production developed by HQuadro using the immersive virtual reality technology – is fully interactive and multimedia, and employs sophisticated processing techniques and photo-montage. Take a virtual walk into the halls of the museum. Use your mouse for a 360-degree view, up and down and zoom in to see works of art in detail: sculptures, paintings, architectural details, facings, ceilings and floors.
This high resolution Virtual Tour can also be played in full screen mode.
A total of 45 areas were surveyed for 71 different hot spots (points of view).
The multimedia section contains a photo gallery and an audio and video guide of the room.
Use the interactive maps and the drop-down menu to move around the museum.
All contents of the Virtual Tour have been provided by the direction of the Capitoline Museums in order to enhance the user's experience.
Scientific committee: Civic Museums Network – Rome Department of Cultural Affairs and Communication – Superintendent of Cultural Heritage of the City of Rome.
Roma Pass is the Capital's tourism-cultural card that extends beneficial rates and services to all those who want to visit museums and archaeological sites in both the city and province of Rome.
The Roma Pass, that costs 30 Euro and is valid for 3 consecutive days, includes free entry to the first two museums or archaeological sites that are part of the network and free use of the entire public transport system as well as reduced entry and discounted rates for any other museums and sites visited thereafter and for theatrical and dance events and other tourist services too.
How to buy the Roma Pass
- Contact the Call Centre at +39 06 0608 (max 20 passes at a time, payment by American Express, Visa and Mastercard).
At the ticket office in any of the participating Museums and sites
At Tourist Information Points operated by the City of Rome:
- PIT Castel S. Angelo, Lungotevere Vaticano (Piazza Pia): 9.30 am - 7.00 pm;
- PIT Ciampino, Aeroporto G.B.Pastine - International arrivals, baggage claim area: 9.00 am – 6.30 pm;
- PIT Cinque Lune, Piazza delle Cinque Lune (Piazza Navona): 9.30 am - 7.00 pm;
- PIT Fiumicino, Aeroporto Leonardo Da Vinci - International arrivals - Terminal 3: 8.00am - 7.30 pm;
- PIT Minghetti, Via Marco Minghetti (corner to Via del Corso): 9.30 am - 7.00 pm;
- PIT Nazionale, Via Nazionale (Palazzo delle Esposizioni): 9.30 am - 7.00 pm;
- PIT S. Maria Maggiore, Via dell’Olmata: 9.30 am - 7.00 pm ( open until 31.01.2012);
- PIT Termini, Stazione Termini - Via Giovanni Giolitti, 34: 8.00 am - 7.30 pm;
- PIT Trastevere, Piazza Sidney Sonnino: 9.30 am - 7.00 pm;
- PIT Tiburtina, Stazione Tiburtina: 9.30 am - 7.00 pm (from April 2012);
- PIT Fori, Visitor Center - Via dei Fori Imperiali: 9.30 am - 7.00 pm (from February 2012);
Complesso del Vittoriano, Via di San Pietro in Carcere;
Palazzo dell'Esposizioni, Via Nazionale 194;
Scuderie del Quirinale, Via XXIV Maggio 16;
For further information, please visit the Roma Pass website: